In addition to 18 years of Marketing experience working with brick and mortar, online and start-up companies – including one that was sold for $42M in 2002 – Colleen Challenger Schropfer is also an entrepreneur, patented inventor, author and motivational leader who uses her creative vision to implement comprehensive, integrated marketing programs that help organizations grow and flourish. Areas of expertise include:
- Building and managing happy, successful and creative teams of various sizes.
- Organizing diverse marketing elements to ensure consistent, creative and integrated brand messaging.
- Motivating others through written word and public speaking.
- Utilizing all marketing tools – online, print, advertising, PR, Social, direct, etc., to their greatest advantage.
- Extensive business and management experience with internal and external staff.
- Producing excellent results with any size budget.
Made by Mom.org – Founder, Author & Advisor – (2011-Present)
As the author of the book: Made by Mom: from inspiration to action, Colleen worked with moms that had great ideas but often said “no” to themselves. The interviews she conducted for her book led her to begin a new venture helping moms pursue their great ideas by assisting them with their marketing vision.
- Interviewed 30 mom business owners to understand their psychological obstacles to starting their businesses;
- Managed creation, design and copy of website as well as PR on limited budget;
- Advised and encouraged moms who wanted to begin a business and needed counsel or marketing strategy;
Sun Safety Organics/SummerMuff – Patented Inventor & CEO – 2004-2012
After identifying the market need and creating multiple prototypes, Colleen designed and patented the first stroller/car seat product for infants and toddlers that uses organic cotton and protects them from dangerous sun exposure. Also:
- Brand and Identity development;
- Site design and copy;
- Cost-effective marketing and communications programs in print and online mediums; and
- Retail strategy and fundraising.
Site59.com, Inc. (purchased by Travelocity) – Founder & Vice President of Marketing and Communications – 2000-2002
Fully responsible for creating Marketing & Communications Division from incubation to acquisition by Travelocity.com in March, 2002. Founding member of the executive team. Hired and managed staff. Authored and led execution of marketing plans and strategies. Results:
- Grew customer base to 3Million Unique Visitors per month;
- Cultivated 250,000 email subscribers from viral marketing efforts in less than two years;
- Grew sales from zero to $3M+ sales per month;
- Created the partner, affiliate and consumer communications strategies that resulted in more than 15% of overall sales;
- Developed campaigns that grew affiliate network to over 10,000 members;
- Managed all needs of travel partners including: Lowestfare.com, Bestfares.com, Travelocity.com and 9 others;
- Managed Award Winning media campaigns with Public Relations team; and
- Developed creative, humorous and unique advertising and guerilla marketing campaigns.
Marketing 101, Inc. – Partner & Consultant – 1997-2000
Created and implemented comprehensive marketing strategies, in-depth marketing audits, creative plans and action-oriented programs to assist companies in the high technology, .com, architecture, and commercial real estate industries in achieving their business goals. Sample of results:
- Re-branded and repositioned $1.5 Million dot-com;
- Managed internal staff and external consultants, designers, etc.
- Strategically positioned commercial properties for fast and efficient sales;
- Created and managed CRM for new technology company; and
- Directed storyboard for 15 minute, 3-D video for multi-million dollar shopping complex in Rockville, MD.
The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. 1990-1997
Product Manager (October 1995 – April 1997)
Devised aggressive communications, marketing and education strategies for new and existing products. Coordinated all interdepartmental marketing efforts for modifying and expanding product line including programming and development efforts for new products.
- Managed and wrote sales presentation and training manual;
- Spoke to large audiences at national conferences;
- Oversaw transition from print to CD-ROM and managed production of monthly CD manufacturing and packaging;
- Built communications and growth partnerships with related organizations;
- Implemented and designed training for new and existing staff of 250 sales representatives and subscribing corporations; and
- Analyzed competitive, price and circulation reports.
Training and Education Specialist (October 1994 – December 1994)
- Designed and executed national public relations training and education campaigns for customer retention;
- Managed team members;
- Designed and authored organization specific multi-media presentations and training materials; and
- Conducted nationwide training events for regional sales groups and customers.
Senior Information/Customer Relations Specialist (October 1990 – December 1993)
- Research and reference liaison for editorial, sales and marketing, and customer relations.
- Conducted print, electronic, internet research requests; and
- Managed staff of 8 research specialists.
1994 – George Washington University – Washington DC
Masters Degree in Public Policy for Women’s Studies
1989 – Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
1988 – College of St. Mark and St. John – Plymouth England
English and History